One of the many things that I have come to realize this past week, is that I really, truly, enjoy, almost need a keyboard to aid in writing. There is just something about it that is comforting, almost reassuring. It helps. Hearing the clicking of the keys and feeling the compression’s of them is like the brick and mortar being laid down to create a pathway on which to travel.
Growing up I always could see the appeal in a favorite pen/pencil or type writer. Growing up in the part of the word where I did and in a time when the personal computer was becoming a very common thing, and technology many leaps ahead, the majority of my peers did not understand why some people would still want to continue to use a typewriter. It was an antiquated relic. To me however, I completely got it. It is a very textile and visceral way to write things out. It makes sense to me that it would be cathartic.
Drats! One more thing to save up for, once all these medical bills from this year, are paid for. A laptop, so that I can actually write more than at one time of the day as well as being able to experience the click clacking of the keys.
I feel that I have been fairly negative in a few of the entries over the past week, though writing it out actually did help me think some things out and have a better outlook on things. But after the emotionally draining day and night that I had I just do not need to delve into those waters, so I decided to compile a list of a few things that I love.
- I love rain. I love the smell of rain, all the different sounds, ways that it can look, and feel too.
- I love babies, what is not to love? With all the hope and innocence and potential that they hold, they truly are a wonder.
- I love swinging. There is not another feeling quite like the freedom that you can have when swinging. As if you could just reach out and touch the clouds.
- I love making one of a kind event invitations and Name Meanings. I really enjoy seeing the look on people’s faces or hearing about how much they liked what I made and put care into creating.
- I love reading a good book. I especially love it when it’s an audio book and the narrator is spot on with the voices, and nuances of a character. I also love it when I actually get to read with my own eyes and not feel guilty about taking the time to do so.
- I love planning parties. My what I could do if I had the time and budget for some of the ideas I have had. Wow. I will say that I have struggled at times when I have had to plan, decorate, host and prepare all the details great and small without help.
- I love music and singing. I love the thoughts, memories and feelings that it can evoke. I love that my boys want me to sing them songs at bedtime.
- I love good food. The flavors coming to life on my taste buds, ummm, so good.
- I love hugs. There is something so wonderfully comforting about a sincere hug.
- I love in when someone strokes or plays with my hair. It used to be one of my favorite things in the world. Unless you count the bi-annual hair cut I get, no one has really done it in years.
- I love having dreams. I love that I have them every night and can recall them, if not always in great detail, outlines of them.
- I love writing in cursive. Even as a little girl it have always been my favorite and I have felt that cursive writing is a lost art.
- I love dressing up. I love wearing formal and dressy attire. I have a classic feminine look that has been grossly underutilized, due to budget, sewing skills and occupation.
- I love helping people.
- I love walking.
I could go on and on and on (like the song that never ends) but then you would most decidedly not love my list. Hahahaha